I love jalapenos, I love bacon and I love cheese. And so, of course, I love those three things combined!
This has got to be one of the easiest recipes ever but it does take some careful preparation. But…Oh my…it is so worth it!
This is all you’ll need:
- About 10 to 12 medium to small jalapenos and regularly sliced (not thick) maple flavored bacon
- About 1/2 to 3/4 cup each shredded cheddar cheese and cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Now here’s how to make them (Don’t forget to preheat your oven to 400 degrees):
- Rinse jalapenos
- Slice off and toss the top of each jalapeno, then slice the jalapeno lengthwise.
- Clean out the membranes and seeds (I use a spoon with a sharp edge)
- Place halves (partners together) to the side to fill
- Note: I keep the slices of each jalapeno together — easier than hunting for a half’s partner.
- Mix cheeses evenly with garlic powder in a bowl and fill each half of a jalapeno level with edges (not too full)
- Place halves tightly together and wrap tightly with a slice of bacon
- Place the bacon wrapped jalapenos on a foil covered cookie sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes (or until bacon is cooked)
- Note: Some cheese inevitably will leak out but baking too long may mean all the cheese leaks out.
Here’s the finished product. Kind of messy, I know, but oh so good.
I love these and hope you’ll give them a try.
And please don’t forget to let me know how you like them in the comments below…
Much love to everyone and hope everyone has an awesome weekend!!